BUG! When entering a DATE on a form, the form field shows date one day prior!

Hello Five Support,

There is a bug related to displaying a date on a form (screenshot attached). The date is displayed on a form one day PRIOR to the date entered on the form, even though the correct date is being recorded in the database.

I’m currently using the Standalone (locally installed) version of the Five.co platform.

Please fix it because it’s a problem for users!
I isolated the issue by creating a separate test table and a form to make sure that there are no other elements involved. To recreate my actions, see the steps below and refer to my screenshot for the result.

Here is the sequence of my actions:

1. Created a table named ‘DateTEST’ using Table Wizard.
  2. Created two fields: ‘DealDate’ and ‘DealName’ in this table. The ‘DealDate’ field has a Date datatype and _Date display type.
  3. Created a Form named 'DateTESTs. The form displays both fields. ‘DealDate’ is a required field.
  4. Ran the application and went to the ‘DateTESTs’ form.
  5. Created a record (the table was initially empty), entering a date and a name.
    Right after saving the new record, the date is displayed correctly in the list on the left pane and in the record details section as well.
  6. Created another record. It is displayed correctly again.
  7. In the left pane, I clicked on the previously created record. AND HERE IS THE PROBLEM: In the right section, the date field now shows ONE DAY EARLIER DATE!

Please fix it! Thank You!

Hi vladt,

We are aware of this issue in our current release. This issue has been fixed some time ago and will be in our next release which will be happening very soon! Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Jo

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the fast response! Meanwhile, I found the walk-around that allowed me to avoid the issue!

1. On the table level, set the Datatype for the date field as text and the Default Display Type as _Date.
  2. On the form level, select the Display Data Type for the field as _Date.
    I tested the results with a query, which successfully recognized the data written in the Date table column as date.

I’m having trouble with another issue. I’m sure you can help me with it.
I have an Update query that concatenates into one field in the table text data from 3 different connected tables.
In particular, the update query takes the DealDate from Deals table, LenderName from Lenders table, and ClientCompanyName from Clients table and writes into the DealName column of the Deals table the following: DealDate-LenderName-ClientCompanyName.
The query works. But I need this query to automatically update the DealName field of the Deals table when users change any of the three components on the Deals form!
Help me to do it, please!

Regards,

Vlad