How to Generate Report in BETA Environment

I am making a lot of progress in my application. In my Generate Reports form, I can see the Groups page (from data view) showing all groups and the ones that show in my join table are selected by default (IsSelected field shows check). I can check and/or uncheck groups and successfully flip the checkmark / x for each clicked group. I have a button which selects all groups and one that selects no groups. I also have a button on the form called GenerateReport, which updates a table which the actual Roster report is based on. This all works now. The report will show the selected groups.

Now I need to actually have a report that works. I’m still dealing with the report definition that I had all along, and the report doesn’t really work well. I was told that you had solved this issue in the BETA environment, that the report would paginate properly, and I could add data fields in the page header, and they would refer to the proper group. Also that the report could be generated at the server and then downloaded or emailed, or simply render on the screen. I have use-cases for all of these choices.

• Is it possible to supply documentation or examples of generating the reports in the BETA environment?
  • Please advise if these features are in the newest release, and when that is due to be released.

Thanks…

Hi Ron, sounds like you’re making good progress!

We’re just in the final phase of testing and bug fixing.

We’re aiming to release soon, hopefully, as soon as next week. I will email you separately about this later this week.

Best

Dom

Hi Dom,

You mentioned almost a month ago that the new release was imminent. Can you shed any light on when you think it will come, and when you will release documentation on the new way to generate a report? or at least when you feel you will be able to supply the proper method of making the report work properly?

Thanks…

Hi Ron, apologies for the belated response. Our latest version is currently undergoing rigorous testing for its upcoming release. We decided to pack a few more features into this new version, hence we’re taking a bit more time with making it available as a general release to the public. Sorry for the delay! Once testing is concluded, you will be the first one to get notified of its availability!