Is There a Way to Add Space Between Dashboard Elements?

Hello Support,

I’ve been working on dashboards, and I came to the strong belief that all applications built on Five would greatly benefit if there were the ability to add space (padding or margins) between the elements of the Dashboards (data views, forms, etc.)

If this functionality is already available on the platform, please explain how it can be done.

Thoughts: On the interface side of it, an interface similar to the Form Designer could be a solution.

Thank You!

Vlad T.

Hi vladt,

This is an excellent suggestion, and you will be happy to know that it is in our future pipeline, this will enable you full flexibility to design your dashboard to your preference. Currently, this is not available yet.

Kind regards,
Jo

Hey Vladt,

Not too sure if this solution would work for your application given the detailing of each Data View in your dashboard, but there is a way to increase the space between Data Views.

This is in one of my applications, by removing the title from the Data View positioned at the bottom of the Dashboard, it creates a space between the two elements.

You can also play around with different numbers of rows within your Dashboard to see if it adjusts the spacing in a way that suits you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this topic,

Thanks,
Riley.

1 Like

Thank you, Riley. I did play with the number of rows and columns, and it provided a certain level of flexibility in dashboard design.

Please clarify what you mean by removing the Data View title, given that title is a required field. I put a space for a title, and that worked, but it didn’t remove the section dedicated to the title.

It would be great to be able to remove the whole title section. – Lift the requirement restriction from the title field, and when there is no title provided by a user, do not display the title and the entire title section on the Dashboard.

Regards,

Vlad

Hello,

If your Data Views are generated using a query as the data source, you are able to set the ‘Show Title If’ field to false in order to remove the title.

If you are not using a query as the data source, the title will not be able to be removed in your current version unfortunately.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Riley.

1 Like